Records Management Training - Due July 30, 2008
All NASA HQ Employees
May 12, 2008
All Headquarters civil service employees are required to complete Records Management training by July 30, 2008, per Agency directive. Contractors who closely support Agency personnel are also strongly encouraged to take the training.
Records Management for Everyone (Course Number HQ-025-07) is available in SATERN and takes about 35 minutes to complete.
1. Go to SATERN and log in.
2. Type “NASA Records Management for Everyone” in the Search box (found in the top right-hand part of your screen).
3. When you see the course displayed, click on “Launch Content”.
4. Click on the title of the course.
5. Click on “Begin Course”.
6. Your training will automatically advance through all required modules, (Modules 1 through 4).
7. If you wish, you may supplement your training with additional modules.
8. After completing the course, click on “Learning History”.
9. Click on the button titled “Print Completion Certificate” and retain the printed certificate for your records.
Note: At any time, you may bookmark and exit the course, resuming your training from that point when you are next available.
The NASA CIO’s recent message to Headquarters reminds us that we are all responsible for effectively and efficiently managing federal records throughout their life cycle. This includes e‑mail, paper, microform, electronic, and audiovisual records. Civil service employees and support contractors play a vital role in ensuring NASA preserves institutional memory and remains responsive to Congress and oversight agencies.
You may learn more about the Records Management Program at Headquarters by visiting the Records Management Web page. If you still have questions about the program after completing the training, contact HQ Records Manager Patricia Southerland at (202) 358-0621.