Exchange 2007 Migration
The Exchange 2007 migration is an agency-wide project to make improvements to NASA’s Operational Messaging and Directory (NOMAD) services. NOMAD, an agency-wide messaging and collaboration system, provides services for e-mail, calendar, Webmail, Instant Messaging (IM), BlackBerry, Treo, and Windows mobile devices for the Agency.
All mailboxes and Resource Accounts (i.e., calendar or functional e-mail accounts) for Headquarters users are being moved to the Exchange 2007 server. This upgrade will result in the following improvements:
Larger Mailbox Capability: The default mailbox size will increase from 200 MB to 400 MB. 90% of users at each Center will have a 400 MB mailbox size. The remaining 10% will have a 1 GB mailbox size.
Improved Disaster Recovery and Continuity Of Operations (COOP) Capability: During a hurricane or other disaster, you will have access to your full mailbox once the failover procedures have been completed. This feature will be available before the start of the 2009 hurricane season.
Improved WebMail: There is a new look to Outlook Web Access. For assistance with using the new features, see the Outlook Web Access 2007 New Features guide.
If you participated in the Exchange 2007 pilot, you have already received your mailbox size increase. Your mailbox will be moved (if required) during the same time as your organization.
You will receive a NOMAD Outreach notification 5 days before your scheduled migration. The message will contain specific information about the date and time of your upgrade as well as specific instructions about not using your e-mail.