The Application Development team uses standard software engineering techniques to design, develop, deploy, manage, maintain, and provide archival services for a variety of business and scientific applications for NASA Headquarters and Agency initiatives. The team also provides comprehensive documentation, testing, analysis, and system reviews for compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. In addition, the Application Development team customizes Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software applications for use in the NASA environment.
Custom developed applications follow a NASA-approved Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which documents all phases of the development process and ensures compliance with applicable NASA and Federal regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Examples of our Application Development offerings include:
- Complex financial management systems such as the Exploration Mission Directorate’s (ESMD) Financial Online Consolidated User System (FOCUS).
- Dynamic web applications including the Business & Administrative System Office Content Management Systems (BASO-CMS).
- General administrative and support systems including the Facilities Helpdesk System (FHDS), Parking Fare Subsidy System (PFSS), and the Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS).
- Database design including the Centennial of Flight Event Database and the Congressional Database.
- Customized Document Management Systems (DMS).
- Customization and integration of COTS systems such as the new NASA Office of the Chief Information Officer Action Tracking System (NOATS) using MicroPact’s entellitrak platform.
- Studies, analysis, and recommendations on leading and innovative technologies, Federal and NASA policies and regulations, and system development and integration.
- Support for Federal, Agency, and Center technology-related working groups.
To request a new custom application or a change to an existing custom application, contact your HITSS Project Manager for assistance with creating a Service Request (SR) in the ITCD Work Management System (IWMS).